Monday, December 5, 2011

I Got Paid 62 Cents to Order Some Boots from Old Navy

Do you think my title is catchy?  Do you think it's a trick?  Well it's not!  It's a shopping method a la Dwija @ House Unseen.  As I have mentioned previously, I have been trying my hardest to provide the best Christmas possible for my kids with limited funds.  Here are the boots that I ordered for our dear Madison from Old Navy.


Here is how I got paid 62 cents to order them.............

Short story long........we have been using an American Express card for as long as I can remember and we have been accumulating Membership Rewards points on all of our purchases.  We buy as much as we can with our American Express card and then every month we pay off our bill in FULL!  In fact we do not believe in carrying a balance on our credit cards.  We have so many points and we have been saving them for a "rainy day".  Well, considering our financial situation, that rainy day has come!

Last weekend, I received an e-mail from Old Navy stating that if I ordered in the next 2 days, I would receive 30% off my order.  So what did I do?  First of all, I went to ebates.com and clicked on their link to make sure that I would get my 5% rebate and then I went to Old Navy and placed the boots in my shopping cart.  I then went to American Express and ordered $30 worth of (free) e-gift certificates for Old Navy with my rewards points.  My total order at Old Navy came to $30.42 with tax and shipping.  I used my $30 worth of Old Navy gift Certificates and put 42 cents on my American Express card.  The next day I received an e-mail from ebates.com stating that I had received $1.05 cash back in my account for my purchase at Old Navy.

$1.05 - .42 cents = .62 cents profit

VOILA!  That is how it's done!

Ka- Chow!

1 comment:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

BOOM! Yes! LOVE IT. This is exactly how I made $2 by ordering Tommy's winter coat from Land's End last year. It is genius. You're a genius!

Search This Blog