Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm Out of My Coma!

I am finally out of my Turkey and Apple Pie coma and back into reality.  We had a wonderful four day weekend!  The kids made Turkey Hand Print Place Cards for everyone.





My brother and his family came over for Thanksgiving and we stuffed ourselves!  Turkey, Garlic Smashed Red Skinned Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows on Top, Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing, Broccoli Casserole, Carrots, Pan Gravy & Homemade Cranberry and Orange Sauce.  For dessert we had Apple Pie and Ice Cream and Pumpkin Pie with Cool Whip.  We all slept well that night!

Now on to "Black Friday"........I have nothing to say because I don't participate, never have.  Since there was no shopping to be done, that left the rest of the weekend to horse around!  There was a lot of sleeping in and lounging around in our jammies (or as my Dad would have said, "Jimmy Wim Wams") for half the day.  I did a little crochet and got a third of the way through the book "Gerald's Game" by Stephen King.

We did a little roller skating, went to the kid park, went to the dog park, took the dog for a run and even rented Just Dance 3 (she says, with a disposable heating pad stuck to her shoulder).  All in all, we got in quite a lot of physical activity (good thing since we did a lot of eating) but I think I over did the "throwing my arms in the air" during LMFAO's Party Rock.

We didn't take any pictures of the food or the family together because we are lame were having too much fun, but I did manage to take this little gem when the kids were horsing around.

Connor with his best "Rock Star" face in a blond wig with  4th of July Antenae








1 comment:

BettyShmetty said...

Hey Girl! Sounds like you had a lot of fun this past weekend. I (unlike cool people like yourself) participated in the Black Friday Frenzy and completed the Christmas shopping by Saturday afternoon (we only buy stuff for the kids.) I LOVE the picture of Connor with the rock star wig...priceless!!

Search This Blog