Saturday, November 5, 2011

This, That and The Other

I have to apologize to you dear readers, because I just haven't been writing at my usual rate.  I have been a little preoccupied with this, that and the other, to keep up with detailed blogging.  So here I sit in my PJ's, I haven't had breakfast yet but I am going to write something.

Like I said, I have been busy with This, That and The Other.

This:  Life just keeps on happening, kids have to go to school, Mom's have to help in the classroom, groceries have to be bought, meals have to be cooked.  Also, don't forget, we shut everything down between 3pm and 6pm which apparently, used to be my prime writing time.  Halloween, Madison's 2nd Grade Musical (which we couldn't see well enough to get any pictures).  I know, we all have those things but for some reason, recently they got the better of me!

That: About a month ago, I decided to start a little freelance writing.  I can honestly say that I have been pretty diligent about writing.  I started writing on HubPages and have published 22 articles so far.  Writing the articles is only half of the work.  I have learned so much about the Internet since I began.  I have learned about search engine optimization, keyword research, effective keyword use in your articles, bookmarking ........and that is only the start.  The key to writing on the Internet is making sure your articles get views (that's how you get paid).  You can write the most amazing material but if it can't be found, then it won't get read!  I know this sounds really boring but my point is, I have educated myself and am doing the background work to make sure my articles get read.
I am slowly gaining a following and have had 851 views of my articles since October 6th.  I am not really making money yet (pennies a day) but I can see that I am making progress, and that is all that counts for now!  I have done my research and if I keep at it, I can expect to make a part time income within a year.

The Other:  Exercise Me is BACK!  I have been back to more frequent exercise lately, which of course takes up more time.  Not just the exercise (30-60 minutes), but the extra showering and changing (30 minutes) and the extra load of laundry that all that sweaty clothes creates (30 minutes) every week.  If you missed my last post, I have decided to start a virtual run across Texas to help keep me motivated.  You can see my ticker on the right hand side of my blog.  I will be running most of it, but since I have a dog to walk and kids to walk to school (Some days I walk to and from the school 4 times. Yup, that's right, 4 TIMES!). I know, you are thinking, how is that possible?  Three days a week Connor has preschool.  He starts school after Madison and finishes before her.  We live just over a third of a mile away from the school.  4 trips there and 4 trips back equates to almost 3 miles.  On those three days, I try to take the dog with me once to combine walking trips.

So that is it, I'm not really making excuses because I know we are all busy!!  Just thought I would update you on what is going on with me.  I will try to keep going and include all of the details here on my blog.  Thanks for reading and sticking with me!

Oh yeah, I have done two small Mystery Shopping jobs for which I will receive a total of $49.  I would love to tell you the details but I signed a confidentiality agreement and therefor it must remain a MYSTERY!   I will be adding that to my $ to Date Page.

4 comments:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Mysterious mystery shopping for the win! Love it :) Being busy is awesome. All good things!

Shar said...

Dweej, thanks for always being the one to comment!

Brittany Baughman (@TheButterflyMom) said...

Woah you are super busy! Good luck with your freelance writing, I just know you will reach your goal.

I hear ya about this, that and the other. That is my daily life LOL.So is this...the other as well. :)

Shar said...

Brittany, thanks for your support!

Search This Blog