Friday, September 16, 2011

Moving Sale - Day 1

I don't have too much to write about because most of my day has been consumed by our Moving Sale. The day began at 7am with the usual routine of making coffee and getting Madison off to school. Amazingly, we were ready for school early so Madison helped us get some things out on the driveway. The hardest part was getting all sweaty trying to help Michael move the larger furniture out the back door, around the side of the house and onto the driveway. Not the, "Boy it's hot out here and I'm working really hard" kind of sweaty but the "I should be in bed, my head is all fuzzy, my nose is stuffed up, I'm getting clammy and I'm working really hard" kind of sweaty. We put out the signs at 9am and by 10:40am the driveway looked like this:




I know this means nothing to you because you didn't see a before picture but we were too busy sellin' stuff to be messin' around takin' pictures. Anyway by 10:40am we had already made $280! Woo hoo! We toughed it out as long as we could but it started to get too hot and my sweatiness had not gone away from the Olympic style lifting I had done earlier. We decided to pull the signs and close down for the day at 1:00pm. At this point my nose began drip, drip, dripping like crazy! We pulled in a total of $383.  We put out all the stuff in the garage that I showed you on Monday as well as a kitchen table, futon, freezer, dryer, toy sorter, changing table, coffee table, 2 end tables, entertainment center, media cabinet, and a TV.  After we shoved what was left back into the garage, this is what it looked like:


We will be

(hold on)

............ I had to go get a Kleenex to shove up my nose because it will not stop dripping. This time I have it shoved up both nostrils. I have now officially switched to Kleenex with lotion to avoid my Rudolph like nose getting any worse!

We will be back at it again tomorrow at 7am, hoping we can make it day 2 of 2 instead of day 2 of 3 like we had initially planned.  I, personally, am hoping that my nose dries up by then!

No comments:

Search This Blog