Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Four Years Old, Three Preschools Later

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was attempting to get Connor into the Preschool Program at Madison's elementary school.  Everyone raves about this school AND the preschool program that they offer.  Well, there just happened to be one spot available because someone moved away, and our little Connor got in.  This week is his fourth week and he seems to be adjusting well.

You see, this is Connor's third preschool.  He started preschool in August of last year, but then we moved to Las Vegas where he attended a different school, only to move out here and have to start a new school once again.  He has never been a fan of school.  He would much rather stay at home with me and play with his toys all day.  He has always been that way, so easily self entertained.  He plays really well with others, but he is perfectly happy playing alone all day.

Every morning, he would ask me if he was going to school.  Every night before bed, he would ask me if he was going to school tomorrow.  He had so much anxiety about school.  How long he was going to be there, what time I was picking him up.  He just never got settled.  He formed solid bonds with his teachers and they adored him, but still, school just wasn't for him.

The program at Patterson Elementary School is in the middle of the day and he goes to school for 2 1/2 hours, 3 days a week.  His classroom is directly across the courtyard from Madison's classroom and I think he feels more comfortable knowing that she is there.  He is thrilled that he gets to play on the same playground as the "big kids", even though they go out at a different time.

Here is the point of the story.........on his second week of school, we were walking home hand in hand, he looked up at me with those big, beautiful eyes of his and said, "Mommy, I think I'd like to go to school with Sissy tomorrow."  I said to him, "What do you mean?"  He said, "I want to go at the same time as her and stay all day!"

I don't know if it is his age and he is finally ready or if this school is just a "perfect fit", to be honest, I don't care either way.  I'm just happy that my little boy has finally "taken" to school!




1 comment:

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

So glad that sweet boy is happy! :)

Search This Blog